We are actively seeking a Vice President of Self-Funded Sales. Headquartered in Plano, TX, this is a remote role and can be based out of Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Tennessee or Texas. As an individual contributor reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, you will be an expert with self-funding, reference-based pricing, captives, and cost containment to reduce costs and deliver a high-performance health plan.
You will be responsible for selling our products and services through the broker distribution channel throughout the United States. This position reaches out to new and existing self-funded groups to help them reduce their medical spending, working with TPA’s, Broker channels, and Captives throughout the corporate benefits arena.
- Develop strategies, in conjunction with Company’s Chief Revenue Officer, for health plan client development through analysis and market knowledge.
- Create and implement strategic sales and marketing plans that successfully achieve business objectives
- Forecast sales and set appropriate performance goals by using available self-funded market data research
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key clients, including negotiating and closing on major contracts.
- Accurately report sales pipeline activity.
- Collaborate with internal partners including the Executive Leadership, Information Technology, Accounting and Finance, Legal and Account Management teams. Develop and present company-specific contractual templates; negotiate rates and contract language for execution.
- Attend industry conferences and trade shows.
- Maintains awareness of and ensures adherence to our client’s standards
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field. MBA preferred, or equivalent combination of education and relative work experience plus ten years of progressively responsible management experience in health plans; either in operations, sales, and/or provider contracting, with five years of experience at the executive level.
- Previous experience in a senior sales role with demonstrated ability to meet or exceed targets
Knowledge, Skills and Key Competencies:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present strategy and results to staff members at every level of the organization
- Ability to create and maintain positive relationships with current and prospective clients
- Demonstrated skill in negotiating and closing on critical sales contracts
- Must have previous experience working with Salesforce
- Travel up to 75%