The Senior .NET Engineer position inside the Payer Compass R&D team focuses on design, development, and post-release maintenance of new and existing products in the Payer Compass healthcare revenue cycle management software portfolio. This includes participation in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including collaborating with analysts on gathering requirements and developing design specifications, solution prototyping, implementation, development of unit and system tests.
- Develop high-quality object-oriented code using C# and a mixture of internal and popular external frameworks
- Analyze datasets, collaborate with analysts to devise ways to ingest data from a large number of data sources
- Optimize data structures and processing algorithms for horizontal scalability and parallel execution
- Develop automated data validation tools designed to work with problematic data sets
- Develop tools to automate data extraction from a variety of source types starting from web crawling/scraping to PDF deconstruction
- Develop unit and system tests for code developed by self and others
- Produce technical specifications and code documentation
- Design and develop relational data structures needed to support new development efforts (including keys, indexes, triggers and stored procedures).
- Design and develop document database structures needed to support new engineering efforts.
- Perform application performance analysis and tuning
- Conduct and participate in training sessions
- Identify and recommend process improvements
- Accurately estimate the level of effort and forecast completion targets
Education and Work Experience:
- Minimum 5 years developing enterprise/commercial software using the .NET stack
- Experience with software development using Agile methodologies
- Experience in requirements gathering from project stakeholders
- BA/BS in Computer Science preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Key Competencies:
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming using C#. Ability to write maintainable, scalable code that adheres to approved patterns and design principles.
- Deep understanding of relational databases in general and Microsoft SQL Server specifically.
- Deep understanding of document databases in general and MongoDB specifically.
- Familiarity with advanced design principles, such as service-oriented architectures, domain-driven design, IoC and events.
- Deep understanding of algorithm complexity analysis and selection for large datasets.
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug complex defects with debugger and profiler tools, such as Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Proficiency with modular development concepts and package management tools, such as Nuget or Chocolatey
- Proficiency with test-driven and behavior-driven development processes and tools, such as MSTest, Nunit, Xunit.
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Linux operating system internals. Understanding of Windows security principles and powershell scripting.
- Familiarity with Microsoft IDE’s such as Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence)
- Familiarity with JetBrains tools (Resharper)
- Working knowledge of Git based version control systems
- Desire to learn and grow professionally
- Openness to change and new ideas
- Readiness to make design decisions and ability to articulate the reasons behind your choices
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Focus on continual quality improvement
- Excellent problem solving skills
Protects and maintains patient and institutional information in a confidential manner and in a secured environment. Ensures data access limitations through the use of password protection, read-only access, and other measures that protect the data from unauthorized or accidental access.