The Intake Coordinator is responsible for handling all incoming calls to the Utilization Management Department and supports Utilization Management processing of intakes (pre-review process). The Intake Coordinator also uses a script to provide a review of DME, Physical Therapy, and other appropriate services that do not require interpretation of clinical information including non-certification requests. This is a work from home position, so must be independent and disciplined. The position can be located anywhere.
The work schedule will be 9:30 am – 6:00 pm Eastern time. During training, it will be 8:30 am – 5:00 pm Eastern time.
- Verify and enter patient demographics, ICD-10 and CPT codes
- Authorization verification
- Assist in training of new clerical staff
- Use a script to provide scripted reviews as designated
- Provide call back services to assist with obtaining clinical information and discharge dates
- Collection and transfer of non-clinical data
- Acquisition of structured clinical data
- Provide administrative activities such as mailings, faxing, emailing of appropriate letters, and/or education materials as directed by the CM/DM staff.
Education and Work Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Typing skills
- Computer experience
- Experience in pre-certification from either a provider or payer side is desired
Knowledge, Skills and Key Competencies:
- Knowledge of ICD 10 and CPT codes
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Call Center or significant telephonic experience preferred
- Pleasant helpful telephone demeanor
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Ability to function effectively under stress
- Willingness and ability to function as a team player and independently
- Able to follow script carefully
Protects and maintains patient and institutional information in a confidential manner and in a secured environment. Ensures data access limitations through the use of password protection, read-only access, and other measures that protect the data from unauthorized or accidental access.