The primary responsibilities of a Data Acquisition Engineer inside the Payer Compass R&D team involve design, implementation and ongoing maintenance of systems and processes responsible for getting most recent regulatory data updates propagated into a number of Payer Compass healthcare revenue cycle management products. The position will be heavily focused on automation of manual processes, data validation and ETL. Data Acquisition engineers participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including: collaborating with analysts on gathering requirements and developing design specifications, solution prototyping, implementation, development of unit and system tests, monitoring of system performance.
Education and Work Experience:
- Minimum 2 years developing enterprise/commercial software using the .NET stack
- Experience with software development using Agile methodologies
- Experience in requirements gathering from project stakeholders
- BA/BS in Computer Science preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Key Competencies:
- Deep understanding of relational databases in general and Microsoft SQL Server specifically.
- Familiarity with advanced design principles, such as service-oriented architectures, domain-driven design, IoC and events.
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug complex defects with debugger and profiler tools, such as Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Proficiency with modular development concepts and package management tools, such as Nuget or Chocolatey
- Proficiency with test-driven and behavior-driven development processes and tools, such as MSTest, Nunit, Xunit.
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Linux operating system internals. Understanding of Windows security principles and powershell scripting.
- Familiarity with Microsoft IDE’s such as Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence)
- Familiarity with JetBrains tools (Resharper)
- Working knowledge of Git based version control systems
- Desire to learn and grow professionally
- Openness to change and new ideas
- Readiness to make design decisions and ability to articulate the reasons behind your choices
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Focus on continual quality improvement
- Excellent problem solving skills