Payer Compass is looking for a Business Analyst, Product Strategy to be a key team player within our Product Strategy and Development Teams that will be responsible for requirements development and management as we develop and implement new product/software solutions. One of the most important roles of a business analyst is to research new opportunities, vet them out with our partners and define business requirements that also include the approach for implementation.
- Define requirements related to compliance, legislation, and business operations for the purpose of developing solutions for our internal and external partners in the following areas: claim pricing, finance, customer service, provider data, member data, and client needs.
- Work closely with the client and/or internal teams to ensure that requirements are resolved and/or handled appropriately to a conclusion.
- Research and document requirements and responses
- Perform in-depth and complex research, fact-gathering, analysis, and interpretation of applicable laws and statutes pertaining to healthcare regulations and all other issues pertaining to business operations.
- Conducts interviews and information gathering, analyzes data, and documents findings
- Updates internal documentation and processes as needed.
- Manage competing priorities and deliver quality information and analysis while adhering to deadlines.
- Create and standardize business requirements documentation processes and workflows.
- Manage BRD deadlines with necessary tools for completion tracking and clearly identifying open items that need inputs from stakeholders.
- Collaborate and work closely with Client Partners, Project Managers, and business teams.
- Identify issues upfront and communicate clearly to team members and leadership.
- Participates in the management of the sequencing of releases to meet business needs for enhancements, automation, and implementations.
- Ensures continuing operational support by documenting changes and enhancements
- Provide training to staff on a need basis and act as a mentor for new team members
Education and Work Experience:
- Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred
- Certified Business Analyst is strongly preferred, equivalent demonstrated business analysis experience
- Extensive experience with Agile development, System Design Life Cycle (SDLC), or other industry-standard methodology
- Superior root-cause analysis skills, including corrective action planning and ability to provide documentation to support analysis.
Knowledge, Skills and Key Competencies:
- Extensive knowledge in health insurance third party administrator concepts related to compliance and business operations reporting needs in one or more of these programs: Referenced Base Pricing, Medicaid, Medicare Advantage, Exchange and Commercial plans.
- Working knowledge of documenting data element requirements, rules pertaining to these data elements, and applicable regulations outlined based on state and CMS guidelines.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Able to work independently and within a collaborative team environment with little guidance/supervision.
- 2+ years of computer skills, especially: Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- 3+ years of experience leading projects and cross-functional teams
- Ability to successfully balance deadlines, projects, and day to day responsibilities
Protects and maintains patient and institutional information in a confidential manner and in a secured environment. Ensures data access limitations through the use of password protection, read-only access, and other measures that protect the data from unauthorized or accidental access.